CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 15, 2009

What I love about the South...

Last week, we had the end of Christmas break. Teachers were back Monday and Tuesday and they were probably two of the most frustrating days I've had lately. Students were back Wednesday, except we had a FLOOD DAY so....no school!! A gift from God, I think!! This week, we were back at it full time. I laughed yesterday when some of the 4th graders asked if we would be out of school Friday due to it being forecast to be "too cold to go to school". (It's supposed to get down to 8 tonight, but high of 30 tomorrow!) And what did I see when I opened my email tonight, but a message saying NO SCHOOL TOMORROW due to severe cold weather forecast. I am not complaining! The gift of time is the best gift I can think of right now, so I will take it. I know my Northern friends & family are laughing, especially when they have been in the -30's for temps! I'll be thinking of you tomorrow...

1 comment:

Amyhope said...

Hilarious--we were off yesterday and today, but it is -30+ up here :) Hope you are staying warm!!!

:) Amy