CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, March 20, 2009

Are we in trouble, or what?

These days Camden can and will say just about anything in the world. The only thing she hasn't said is her own name. She refers to herself as "baby" when she does talk about herself. hmmm...I don't even want to think about the Freudian implications that one could have...

Today she was writing "I write! I write!" with some markers, and managed to get ink all over her hand. (Hard to believe!) Later in the day, she tells me, "I write on me." Wow, I am so impressed! A 4 word sentence, and it makes sense! So I repeat it to her so she can hear the language again (always the teacher, right?) "Oh, you wrote on yourself?" To which she replies... "Abbie did it!" (Katie's friend Abbie was over visiting today.) "What!? Abbie did not do that!" I say. Then I am given the look by my daughter who is not yet even 2 years old; and she says again and again with expression, "Abbie did it! Abbie did it!"

Later, I was changing her diaper. She was holding a baby doll and decided, as she does sometimes, that she wouldn't hold the baby anymore. So, she throws it on the floor and exclaims "I throw! I throw!" (as if I wasn't sure what had just happened, then I would know because she would tell me!) I should have learned from our previous conversation, but I asked her a question and gave her a chance to answer it honestly...or not. I said, "Did you throw the baby on the floor?" and I bet you know her answer... "Katie throw it!" I said "Katie did not throw it" and she adamantly replied "Katie do throw it!"

So, mark this day down in the baby book and on your calendars. The first day Camden told a lie. And she told two of them. And the scary part is, she said them very convincingly! If I hadn't seen it happen, I might have believed her! This is one girl you will want to take to your poker games, I think!

1 comment:

Wigglebug Photography said...

Well, I always thought Camden was ahead of the game. She is just very bright! Lane was getting the hang of blaming his brother for things before Hudson was even born. I asked him how the yellow marker got on the bounce house and he said "Hudson did it" I happen to be about seven mon. pg. with Hudson at the time.