Here she is! Meet Pellie the Basset Hound. She became part of our family on Tuesday of this week when Ben and Katie traveled to Alabama to get her. We got her from the Basset rescue of Alabama. She had been in the Pell City shelter for a while, and then fostered by the rescue people who called her Pellie. We had planned on naming our Basset "Dixie" to show off her Southern heritage but they thought she was pretty used to this name. Plus, I'm not sure how easy it would be to get Camden and Katie to call her something else by now, so it looks like this is going to be Pellie.
She is GREAT with the girls. She's about 3 or 3 1/2 years old, housetrained, and sleeps in Katie's room on Katie's bed with her, all night! Camden has played in her food while she eats and she doesn't do anything! She seems like a perfect fit so far! Here are some shots from this week...

1 comment:
So cute......makes me tear up a little thinking of Daisy and Flash!
I can't wait to meet her.....and of course she can come stay with the Burdens when you visit ( I haven't asked Matt but I'm sure he would fall in love with her).
And Katie's hair cut looks so cute......tell her I Love, Love, Love IT!!
Post a Comment