Friday, August 22, 2008
The Cheesiest
Well after 2 weeks of school, this is about all we're good for on a Friday at 5:30. Eating Cheetos and vegging out on the couch watching Disney Channel. We are all exhausted...
Tonight when Katie went to bed I laid down with her and we just snuggled for a few minutes. I thought, I could just go to sleep right now. After a little bit I got up with the intention of finishing the grading of those spelling tests I've been meaning to get to. Well she was really upset and started crying (not fake tears either!) She begged me to lie down with her again, for just half the night...half of half of the night....half of half of half of the night, pleeeeeeease, Mommy? I wavered for a minute - we don't usually let her sleep with us or the other way around unless we're at a hotel or something. But my first baby wanted me to lie down with and her and snuggle, and those spelling tests could wait. I got back in bed with my arms around her until I heard her breathing change. And then I stayed a little longer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
How sweet! I got tears in my eyes when I thought of "holding my first baby". Katie's hair is getting long again. I cannot believe how big they look.
Good Luck with school this week. I have decided that the only way to be successful is to just not give up. You can do it.. You are not a DA...!
Tricia
You have been on my mind since Thursday. I hope things get easier soon....
You certainly did the right thing holding your first baby. I wish I could be there and I would crawl in bed with both of you and give you hugs.
Hang in there. Hopefully the stress will lessen soon.
Post a Comment