CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Have you ever wondered about Ancient Egypt?

For those of you who enjoyed seeing what Katie learned about during FirstModule (social studies/science during First Quarter) here is a sneak preview for Second Module...all about Ancient Egypt!
Yesterday afternoon, the other 4th grade teachers and I were working in the hall hanging paper for our next Exhibit Night. I gave Katie an extra sheet of butcher paper, and she sat down and drew this map of Egypt without even looking at anything for a reference. She's got the shape of the country, the Nile River with the Delta, the pyramids, an Egyptian person, Egyptian homes, and cropland! I was so impressed by all she knows, and you know I have to share with all of you so you can be impressed too!

Tonight she was explaining her drawing to Daddy, and it grew into a videotape of her telling all about Ancient Egypt. This first video is her explaining about the types of jobs Ancient Egyptians held. The second one is her explaining about Ancient Egyptian homes.

Enjoy the first report from the future Travel Channel reporter, Katie Nelson!

2 comments:

craftykorisa said...

Matt and I watched this as our before-bed treat! We both smiled so much and could not believe Katie is so smart....I kept saying "She's just in 1st grade!"

Can't WAIT to see you guys....and I can't wait to have such a professional and smart assistant for Thanksgiving!

Amyhope said...

Adorable!!! Hey, could you email me your address? My address is tjamy529@msn.com...