Two weeks ago, the team state tournament was in Nashville. Baylor won the team tournament, and here is the plaque that now hangs on our wall:

I just want to say that I am so proud of Ben and the work he has done with the team. He is an assistant under two Tennessee coaching legends,
Jim Morgan and Shaack van Deusen. They have built an amazing program, and I know Ben loves being a part of it. But I'm especially proud because everywhere we go, we meet people who tell us the nicest things about Ben. More than just "we're glad he's here", too. These people go out of their way to express that they think much of the success the Baylor upper weights, especially, are having is directly because of Ben. One father was sitting behind me at the traditional state meet last night and was telling the head of the science dept (whom I was sitting next to) that he was so glad that Scott had been able to get Ben to come here (and that was before I was introduced to him!) So I know the people love him here and he is doing a fantastic job.
Baylor placed 2nd at the traditional state tournament last night. They did a great job. They have been ranked the #1 team in the state all year, but unfortunately one of their top guys came down with mono and was out, which could have given them about 40 more team points.
Ben is one of those people who is good at everything he does. He's a great teacher, a great coach, a great husband and a great father. We love you, Ben!
2 comments:
Congratulations! Did you put that in your office? By the way Sue, Bob was forced to leave I believe.
Congrats Dr. Nelson! You are a pretty cool guy in my book too.
Post a Comment